Health & Safety
Callidus Design Limited is committed to providing and maintaining a working environment that ensures the health and safety of all our staff, clients, contractors and visitors. We want to prevent accidents and illness by making sure that health and safety considerations are at the heart of everything we do. To make this happen, we will be encouraging everyone who works at Callidus Design Limited to actively take part in and support this policy.
Specifically, we will:
- Provide and maintain safe premises and healthy working environments.
- Ensure we effectively assess risks and apply measures to control them.
- Provide and maintain safe plant, equipment and associated operating procedures
- Identify substances that are potentially hazardous to health and make sure arrangements are made to control the risks they pose
- Provide information, instruction, training and supervision to make sure everyone is able to carry out their work safely. These will be refreshed periodically or when anything that could affect health and safety changes significantly.
- Make sure we involve and consult with employee representatives on health and safety issues.
- Investigate accidents, incidents and cases of work-related illness, so we can identify and put right any shortcomings in our health and safety management processes.
- Make sure we have effective arrangements in place to deal with injuries and reduce the effects of any incidents that could result in injury, ill health or damage to the environment.
- Make sure information on health and safety issues is shared across our company.
- Set targets for continuous improvement in health and safety performance, making sure resources are available to help us deliver those targets and report on our progress at least once a year.
- Audit our health and safety management systems for effectiveness, identifying where we could do things better and implementing improvement plans. We will carry out these audits at both local and corporate levels.
The success of this policy, which will be reviewed at least once a year, relies on everyone being actively involved. We all have a valuable role to play in showing that good health and safety at work is good business.
No task is so important (nor so urgent) that we cannot take the time to do it safely.
Norman A Crawford